Thank you so much to Morgan Sylvia at morgansylvia.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I am truly humbled and honored to be nominated for this award and touched that you thought of my blog.
The aim of this award is to spotlight up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. There are no set rules for the award, but the guidelines are as follows:
- Copy and paste an image of the award onto your blog
- Once you accept the nomination, post on your blog to thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. Then nominate some blogs for the award. Because (as far as I could tell) there is no set number on the amount of blogs you nominate, I would recommend nominating at least 5 blogs that are similarly up and coming with fewer than 200 followers.
- When you accept the nomination, click on the blog of the person who nominated you. They will have some questions for you to answer. You can answer their questions by copying the questions into a post and answering them on your blog.
- Likewise, ask at least 5 questions on your blog for those you nominated for the award to answer.
- In addition to the questions and answers, list at least 5 random facts about yourself.
Here are my Liebster Blog Award nominees:
Gluten Free By The Sea (gfreebythesea.me)
Pretty Little Celiac (prettylittleceliac.com)
Diary Of A Celiac (diaryofaceliac.wordpress.com)
Morgan Sylvia: Through the Labyrinth (morgansylvia.wordpress.com)
Melissa Janda – The Buzz On Writing (melissajanda.wordpress.com)
These were Morgan’s questions along with my answers:
Paradise Lost by John Milton.
“Luminous beings we are…not this crude matter” – Yoda
“You must unlearn what you have learned” – Yoda
As you can see, I am a Star Wars fan.
Weirdest writing habit?
I frequently take dance breaks while I am writing. I often listen to music while I write, and there come times when I need to step away from the keyboard in order to pause for a minute. I’ll turn up the music and start dancing. It usually ends up being for more than a minute. When I am done, I have more energy to write and a clearer head.
Favorite movie from a book?
I am a fan of horror, especially Stephen King, so I will have to go with The Shining.
Favorite piece of writing advice?
“Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it’s about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. It’s about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy.” That’s from Stephen King from his book On Writing. Also from On Writing, “If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There’s no way around these two things that I’m aware of, no shortcut.”
Favorite short story?
The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe.
Shel Silverstein. His poems were what first interested me in writing. Not to mention made for a very entertaining car ride to the beach one day when I was little.
Recently, I started a third blog called The Consultant (theconsultantblog.com). The Consultant is a blog meant to help people achieve and build success no matter what they hope to accomplish. The Consultant is unlike my other two blogs, Paranormal Perspective and Living With Celiac, because The Consultant really has no personal agenda; I am not trying to draw attention to my books or promote products of any kind. The Consultant is simply meant to help.
Link or post something silly?
A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies, “For you? No charge.”
Favorite stupid/sarcastic/funny movie quote?
The quote is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. King Arthur is trying to point out to the Black Knight that the Black Knight has clearly lost the fight as he is left with no arms. The Black Knight says, “It’s just a flesh wound.”
Favorite type of pen?
The quill pens from Harry Potter. Unfortunately, I have never been able to master the use of quill pens, so I live through the Harry Potter movies for that instead.
Now here are my questions for the authors of the blogs I nominated:
How did you become interested in blogging?
What’s your favorite food?
What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
What is one thing you wish more people knew about you?
What’s your favorite book?
What’s your favorite movie?
What do you watch for TV?
What advice would you give to fellow bloggers?
Finally, the random facts about myself:
- I have Celiac Disease. Being diagnosed with Celiac Disease is what really prompted me to start blogging and publish my books because being diagnosed made me really realize how unpredictable life can be and the only way to find happiness is through creating the life you want for yourself instead of waiting for someone else to give you the green life to start living. In more ways than one, Celiac Disease forced me to change my lifestyle.
- I often think of life in terms of books and movies. For example, when I was in high school I thought the noise coming from inside the walls behind the girls’ bathroom was a basilisk. Turns out it was just the sound of the elevator.
- I am a geektastic nerd. I could talk about books, TV shows, and movies for hours. If I am ever quiet, the best way to get me talking is to start a conversation about one of those three topics.
- I am a pretty calm person. When someone gets angry, I imagine them as angry anime characters.
- I love to travel and would love to be able to travel the world. I once went to Grand Cayman and was able to snorkel with stingrays. I want to go back!
- I also want a Batmobile.